Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not a Whisper 5x7" oil #123

I painted this one with a limited palette of greens, blue and white to try and get a more muted, subtle and quiet effect. I also painted it on canvas with a light neutral underpainting (there is a term for this but it eludes me). I have been looking at some other artists work which inspired me on this one. In particular, Mike Barr, and Australian artist who does the most beautiful seascapes in very peaceful and limited palettes. Last night this looked really dull (in a good way) to me, but today it looks more vibrant...still dull next to my other recent landscapes, but more punchy than I thought. I love to try new things and this is what this blog is all about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...