Thursday, February 21, 2013

2 Umbrella Happy Hour 6"x6"


My camera has been in the shop for a couple of weeks and I am relying on my iPad to photograph my paintings.  What I am finding is that I am not picking up some of the subtleties of color and texture that are visible when looking at the real thing.  This painting I worked over several short periods of time.  It originated from a comment made by a fellow alumni friend who said, "It is raining, I guess I need to take an umbrella to happy hour."  Frequently I see a picture from what is said around me.  From this comment, I immediately saw 2 umbrellas, one for the happy person, one for the happy hour drink.  Since I didn't have a setup or photo to work from, I had to invent the whole thing.  Cara Nelson was the inspiration for this so I wanted to get somewhat of the image of her for my subject.  Those who know her will have to critique it for me.


$100 and $10 shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...