Monday, February 11, 2013

With Hope 4"x6" watercolor

Something different...I did this with watercolor, which is not my medium, but a tool I would like to become proficient with.  I went for drama with this one.  After doing my last DPW challenge I received a comment that it reminded them of Crystal Cook's work, so I looked her up and she does wonderful, dramatic, up close portraits of children (among other subjects).  This is nothing like her style, yet she was my inspiration. I hope to do more watercolor in the future.  Belinda Del Pesco is another water colorist that uses high contrast and a bit of gritty surface.  Her work is dynamic.  I like this combination, although I can appreciate the transparent lovely colors of artist Jo McKenzie as well.  That gives you three artists to look up if you don't already know their work!

$45 $10 ship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...