Sunday, February 17, 2013

Game Board 5"x5" mixed media

There are a lot of layers to this one.  When it was done I thought it reminded me of an abstract game board which made me think of the challenges in solving a puzzle or winning a game: the excitement, the trepidation, the disappointments and the thrill of success while keeping a cool head.  That is a metaphor for life as well.  I like to do Suduko and much like painting, the excitement of doing it is what I like.  When I realize I am coming into the home stretch and have solved the problem, I lose that excitement.  I finish because it doesn't feel right to leave it undone, but I love the doing of it most.  Of course not every painting comes to a satisfying finish.  Many paintings still bug me for ages until I rework them or toss them.
$45 $10 ship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...