Friday, February 8, 2013

Rtst Style 5"x7" acrylic

This was for a DPW challenge to emulate the style of another artist.  I chose Roger Akesson who is a Swedish painter who does lovely, graphic images of fruit, flowers, branches, cupcakes and other things using deliberate brush strokes and outlining in broken black and white lines.  I chose a different subject than he does,  did less outlining, added red to the mix, and probably the biggest difference is that I used a lot of dry brush strokes that are less deliberate looking.  So it is an interesting combination of what I do and his influence.  It was a fun challenge and through it I really took the time to study a few other artists' work, which is always a beneficial exercise.

100 and $10 shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...