Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Canoe Presents 6"x6" mixed media

This abstract is one I made for myself.  I like the round shapes of artist Mareva Millarc who is an accomplished abstract artist and generally great person.  She is married to Peter Huntoon who is a successful watercolorist who has a unique style. They are two of my favorite Vermont artists.  I wanted to give a nod to Mareva for her inspiration so I looked up her name and in Tahitian it means, "canoes bringing presents from island to island."  This is interesting but too long, so I shortened it to "Canoe Presents." Mareva is not Tahitian, so her name I suppose is a French combination of Marie and Eva which is lovely.
NFS

1 comment:

  1. Christine, this is striking, the combination of textures and shapes caught my eye immediately -

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...