Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Family Story Time 5"x7" oil

This was a value study I did a bit ago and decided to add color to it.  My value study was in 3 values and I tried to stick with that.  What I learned is that it is really easy to think a color is dark or light, but compared to the black, white, gray study, they weren't close.  I think I've got the values thing down and then I do an exercise like this and I see that I need to continue to work on this....maybe forever.  I like this painting because I think it has a good composition and I liked the original drawing.  I am reworking another painting that I just can't get quite right and I fear it is because my original drawing was not right.  I may never finish it, but trying to figure out the problem is also worthwhile.  I still need to correct my photography set-up because this looks more yellow than the original painting is.

To purchase this painting go here.


To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...