|"On Leave" 7"x9" oil this is for my nephew who is a Marine and great dad!|
These are the reasons I like it:
1. It is a method, therefore, I know what to do first and can get started right off.
2. By drawing out the image, I get to practice my drawing skills, and it helps me to get the drawing part accurate.
4. I get to evaluate it after each step which makes me take a brain-refreshing break (and I hoola-hoop for a couple of minutes).
5. I can see if the design and basic values work.
6. By doing the local colors, I quickly cover the whole area making it all much less intimidating.
7. Since I don't add any subtle highlights, smaller values, warm and cool colors and variations at this stage, I can think through those things before I actually do them.
9. There is instant gratification, which I always crave.
10. I still get to apply all those wonderful teaching tips I've learned from other artists.
What I don't like about it:
It takes longer....and I end up fussing anyway!