Friday, August 2, 2013

Contemplating Shapes of Fear

6.5"x8.5" oil
The painting these three are looking at is called "Shapes of Fear" by Maynard Dixon.  It is a very powerful piece in the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  It is an interesting idea...fear having a shape.  This painting is a bit tighter than I generally do, but overall I like it a lot.  It is funny when people talk about my work as something they can't imagine doing because they "can't draw a straight line."  It is funny, because I think that drawing or painting a straight line is really hard!  Painting a flower is not easy, but it is forgiving.  Architecture is loaded with those irritating straight lines.

I am getting ready for my first art fair next weekend (Art in the Park).  It is a ton of work!!! I have a much better appreciation for those artists, like my friend Ann McFarren, who actually make a living doing art fairs.  This painting will be shown there if it is dry enough to take. 
SOLD
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...