Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Drawing

9"x7" oil
I like this painting because of the composition.  The dark shadows are like an object in itself.  I mixed purple with a very dark blue to get this color, but on the monitor it looks black.  When I showed my husband, he commented, "Oh it's your mom."  He is right, it does look like her, but she wasn't my model.  It was from a drawing class I taught.  I photographed this lady from a balcony, looking below to her.  I am not completely satisfied with the skin quality or tones, so I will probably go back in and rework them when it dries a bit.  I am scrambling to get everything together for a big art fair this weekend, so I my not paint every day, or like this one, it might be a bit rushed.
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...