Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Windy Hill

7"x9" oil
I was inspired to do this because I cleaned out my studio and went through my photo references (hard copies) and found a photo of the house I lived in when I graduated from high school.  Daily Paintworks was having a challenge to paint your house, so I decided to put the photo to good use.  By that time in my life I had already lived in 8 houses in 6 cities in 4 states, as we were kind of an upscale gypsy family.  After high school it got worse and I became more of a real gypsy, but I have great memories from this place, and once I married a stable guy, I more or less settled down.  I love the shadows and feeling of moving air and hope I have captured that quality.
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were a wanderer. I settled in a huge loft with my then boyfriend getting his MFA. It was huge and I fell into painting. Do live your little house. Charming. ID say I was the stable one but regret turning down an offer from a famous artist to work for him in NYC and live in his convent of 6 floors. One door opens and sometimes you discover different gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...