Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Highland Lighthouse 5x7" oil #157

When I am painting I constantly am questioning how much detail. Lisa Daria has the amazing ability to capture wonderful planes of color and value with the most minimal of detail. Claudia Hammer keeps her subjects simple but uses glowing color and strong shadows to give the impression of detail. Jonathan Aller's still life paintings are in a silent world of their own...minimal subject matter with perfect detail. Karen Bruson has wonderful painterly strokes that are so loose they seem to almost want to dance away, but she has a fair amount of detail in her work. I vacillate between detail and less detail. I really tried with this one to just talk about the surfaces and only give enough detail for it to be recognizable.
SOLD

1 comment:

  1. Christine,
    I really like it ! Less is more ! For me it is your best painting. It feels like you found your way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...