Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snowy East Mountain Barn 14"x18" watercolor #154


I am taking a watercolor workshop with Robert Obrien www.robertjobrien.com this weekend. He is a master at watercolor, a medium I have always wanted to use but haven't had the courage to try, except one workshop last year. So this is my first watercolor landscape and I am happy with the results. It is such a wonderful thing to observe an artist doing a demo because I think that is where I really learn. The way he swishes the brush, paint and water on his palette is where the work happens and applying the paint is the magic. As Lisa Daria (lisadaria.blogspot.com) said today, "The best thing about painting with other people is you get critiqued which results in hearing ideas about your work you wouldn't normally think of."

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...