Monday, December 13, 2010

Samara the Teething Garden Fairy 8"x10" watercolor #155



This is the second (and last) painting I did in Robert O'Brien's workshop this weekend. It was a watercolor landscape workshop, so I don't know what I was thinking when I chose this image to paint, but it is all about shapes, right? I really like watercolor and it requires me to exercise a huge amount of patience, which is good for me, but I love the immediacy of oils and the edginess I get with those. I want to keep practicing with this medium, but also keep up with the oils, which is already a challenge. A samara is a maple seed (also called helicopters). It is appropriate for my granddaughter, Samara, to be a little fairy in the garden, however she is the teething queen of fairies, so something has to go in the mouth. In this case it is her tutu. I am still struggling with grays, and I am not referring to my hair color.
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...