Monday, January 30, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Windblown

I taught a painting session today at the lovely Harvest Moon Restaurant.  We painted a fun winter scene on beautiful slate.  Andrea, the proprietor, provided homemade potato and sweet potato chips and Focaccia pizza, while wine, beer and Argentinian pastries were available for purchase.  A good time was had by all.  After I have been teaching, or have lead a painting group, I always feel rather hyper and it takes me a while to settle down.  This sketch is a self portrait based on my Facebook profile photo.  I am windblown in the sun.  It is rather appropriate for how I am feeling.  This also marks day 30 in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  I am going to continue with sketches for February as I took a 60 sketch challenge but I am also going to do a few paintings as I am ready for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...